Here's an errant thought that's dancing in the mix of all the other crap that's occupying my brain. These are design goals for a game that, unlike FLFS and Agora, can be run quickly and easily, without much prep or expertise. If I can design a game that fulfills these, said game could be played instead of Monopoly, at the drop of a hat, anytime and anywhere.
- Plays in one two-to-four hour session
- Character Generation uses Chinese Menu (one from Column A, one from Column B) and takes five to ten minutes
- Character Generation employs significant flags
- Character Generation becomes Situation Creation through play
- Uses handy tools: no polyhedral dice; perhaps playing cards
- Hand of playing cards = resources = diminishing resources = pacing
- Play can continue "next session" with different players